Specific title of position: Adjunct Professor in Chemistry
LOCATION: United States Naval Academy, Chemistry Department
DATE CLOSES: Application review will begin on 30 November 2015 and will continue until the positions are filled.
ABOUT THE U.S. NAVAL ACADEMY:
The United States Naval Academy is a unique institution of higher learning located in desirable Annapolis, Maryland. As an historic officer accession program and premier undergraduate college, the United States Naval Academy has its own distinctive niche amongst American educational institutions. Our talented civilian faculty and staff are united by one common purpose--to develop the next generation of leaders for our naval service. In order to deliver on this promise to our nation, we recruit from all segments of society to find faculty, instructors, and support staff who model the highest professional standards.
Every year more than one million people tour "the Yard" to experience what our employees already know — the United States Naval Academy is a special place, with a special purpose. Those selected for employment will find challenging and rewarding work; state-of-the-art facilities which inspire academic and athletic excellence; the benefits of Federal employment; and exceptional quality-of-life.
The Naval Academy’s Chemistry Department invites interested candidates for one or more adjunct professor positions beginning January 4th 2016 and ending on May 20th, 2016.
The Chemistry Department offers an undergraduate American Chemical Society accredited Bachelor of Science degree in chemistry, and consists of 43 full-time faculty members occupying over 52K sf of modern office, classroom and laboratory space equipped with a wide array of modern instrumentation. The successful applicant must be strongly committed to teaching at the undergraduate level. Successful candidates will be expected teach, one, two, or three, twenty student sections of general chemistry (depending on availability) during the Spring semester, and to participate in course coordination meetings. Compensation will be commensurate with the number of sections taught. Adjunct teaching positions at The Naval Academy are filled through a services provider and all adjuncts are contracted employees of the service provider, on short term appointments during their teaching semester.
MINIMUM AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
· A M. S. in Chemistry, Biochemistry or a related field.
· Applicants must be U.S. Citizens.
· A Ph.D. in chemistry or biochemistry and undergraduate teaching experience in general chemistry.
All Civilian Faculty Positions at USNA are subject to a background investigation. These investigations are conducted to ensure that individuals hired are trustworthy, of good conduct, and reliable. More information about the background investigation process can be found at the Academic Dean and Provost’s website here http://www.usna.edu/Academics/Faculty-Information/Background-Investigati....
HOW TO APPLY FOR POSITION:
1. Applications will be reviewed beginning November 30, 2015 but the position(s) will remain open until filled. Interested candidates should send a cover letter, curriculum vitae or resume including professional experience relevant to the position, and the names and contact information of three professional references to be sent electronically to Daniel W. O’Sullivan, Chair of the Chemistry Department at email@example.com.
2. Submit an optional Demographic Information on Applicants Form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your responses will not be shared with the panel rating the applications or to the official making the selection for this position.