Specific Course Information
Course Meetings and Time
Study of the metal-carbon bond: synthesis, structure, bonding, reactivity, and catalysis.
The LOs used in this course are in a VIPEr Collection called "Chem 165 2018."
By the end of the course students will:
• describe the structure and bonding of organometallic compounds
• know the major reactions of organometallic chemistry
• read, analyze, interpret, and present results from the organometallic primary literature
• summarize both classic and recent organometallic research in concise form
1. Active participation in class discussions/problem-solving exercises: 20 pts
2. Reading guide submissions: 20 pts
3. Homework problems: 20 pts
4. Executive summaries: 20 pts
5. Final exam: 20 pts
TOTAL: 100 pts.