This is a 1 Figure lit discussion (1FLO) based on a Figure from a 2015 JACS article on synthesizing conductive MOFs. This LO introduces students to Metal-Organic Frameworks and focuses on characterization techniques and spectroscopy.
As a result of completing this activity, students will be able to...
- define what metal-organic Frameworks and Post-synthetic Modifications are
- understand MOF terminology and notation
- discover how mass transport and electron mobility effect conductivity
- calculate energies of electronic transitions in electron volts
- make connections betweeen diagrams and material sturctures
- compare optical and microscopy techniques
- discover the concept of photocurrect and how it could be used in different applications
Students should be able to complete the activity without any prior knowledge of MOFs, although some introduction to MOFs and UV-vis absorption spectroscopy would be nice.