Upper division literature discussion of a JACS paper on electrocatalysis. This activity serves as an introductory look at the paper as a homework assignment to prepare the student for a more in depth class discussion.
- Identify the structure of a research article
- Summarize the motivation and major goals of a study.
- Recognize the central reaction and catalyst of a paper.
- Analyze a catalytic cycle.
- Explain how particular conclusions were determined based on experimental data.
- Recognize applications of the techniques presented in the paper.